14 May 2019, 10:00 – 17:00
The annual WU Sustainable Transformation Day will be co-hosted by STaR, ÖH WU, oikos Vienna, and oessfo.
Safe your spot!
Workshop 2: Nachhaltige Karrierewege (in German)
Organisiert von: ÖH WU (Festsaal 1)
Workshop 3: Green Buddies & Green Campus Management (in German)
Organisiert von: Umweltmanagement WU und STaR (Galerie)
Workshop 4: Learning across borders - Universities, Fit for Future? (in English)
Organized by: oikos Vienna (Festsaal 1)
Workshop 5: Nachhaltiger lernen mit Learning Ergonomics (in German)
Organisiert von: Learning Ergonomics WU (Clubraum)
Panel Discussion - no registration, 16:00-17:15
- Viola Christian (Ban Ki-moon Center for Global Citizens): A changemaker at heart, Viola has worked in the public sector, the private sector, the start-up, and the NGO scene, always developing and implementing projects for the common good on a local and global level. At the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens, she is dedicated to fostering the empowerment of women and youth by encouraging them to take on a global citizen mindset and to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. As a child, Viola preferred the forest and back yard over the classroom to learn what it means to act as a global citizen.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma (WU Vienna): Head of the WU Vienna Institute for Macroeconomics; director of economic analysis at the Wittgenstein Centre for Demography and Global Human Capital; consultant for the World Bank and WIFO. Jesus particularly enjoys lecturing on Econometrics and Macroeconomics, wears Star Wars and Iron Maiden t-shirts to class and can be often found at night in Vienna attending concerts of bands you’ve never heard of.
- Gillian Joanne Foster (WU Vienna): Researcher and e-Developer at the WU Vienna Institute for Ecological Economics; CLIC Project Researcher; expert on teaching with digital tools in sustainability education.
- Benjamin Seyer (WU Vienna): Benjamin is about to finish his B.A. in International Business Administration at WU Vienna. At the sustainability department of ÖH WU, he is responsible for helping organize events like this one. He also enjoys taking courses in psychoanalysis at Uni Wien and using his longboard as a sustainable mean of transportation (especially when it is sunny outside).
- Johanna Warm (WU Vienna): Staff member at WU Vienna Teaching and Learning Services; works with Massive Open Online Modules (MOOMs) and Teaching & Learning Academy (TLAc), among other projects. Johanna enjoys working on cross-institutional international projects, promoting research on teaching and the beauty of didactics.
- Milda Zilinskaite (WU Vienna, discussion moderator): Senior scientist, lecturer and Center Manager at STaR. Milda very much looks forward to talking to the panelists, whom she knows to be not just top experts in their fields, passionate about promoting sustainable development, but also fascinating personalities!