24.-25.1.2015, Budapest (HU)/ After Ljubljana in 2013, Zagreb in March, Sofia in May and Leipzig in September 2014, we invite you to our regional Degrowth workshop onDegrowth in postsocialist countries on the 24-25 January 2015.
10h-12h Session 1: 9-12
– Welcoming word and introduction.
– Degrowth in post-socialist countries: feedback from Leipzig workshop.
– Degrowth, Karl Polanyi and CSA in Hungary.
– Public debt and degrowth with the Committee for the Abolition of Third World Debt.
Lunch break. 12h-14h with local organic food.
Session 2: 14h-17h
– How to explain degrowth without closing the door for discussions in post-socialist countries.
– The green/red divide in degrowth discussions in post-socialist countries.
17h30-19h Public and participative discussion: How to contruct alternatives to the physical and cultural limits to growth?
From 19h Party with hot wine, tea, and organic food.
Sunday 25th of January
(limited number of place: to register: firstname.lastname@example.org)
10h-13h30 Szimpla Piac (direct trade market in Budapest).
– Presentation of Zsambok organic farm and direct trade in Hungary.
– Lunch-Discussion on the application for the organisation of the following Degrowth conference in Budapest in 2016.
13h30 Walk to Cyclonomia.
14h-18h Cyclonomia: DiY bikeshop.
– Presentation of Cyclonomia workshop, DiY and low tech.
– Horison2020 project development until May 2015.
– Activities on the climate talks in Paris 2015 – exchanging info, maybe some planning what can be done.
– Publication about Degrowth in Post-Socialist countries.
– Other future activities…